Paul and Gilly

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Well today is the 2nd of June, probably not such a special day to anybody else, but to me it sure was, read on and find out why???

Pauli and I decided that we were far to white and had to spend a whole day at the beach to get some colour, but of course it was over 35C that day so we slapped on lots of sunscreen and ended up under the thatched hut for most of the day. I was dying for a swim,and asked Paul to come with me, but he said he will in five minutes or so, off I went thinking how strange?? as he was always the one trying to drag me into the water, anyway after the swim I wasn't paying attention to anything, when all of a sudden m
y darling boyfriend gets down on one knee, which by the way I didn't even notice, he started to ask me to marry him, I was giggling away thinking he was joking around, but then when I saw the one knee thing, knee full of sand, I started to cry, I had no idea he was going to propose, I was so surprised I almost fell off the chair, so of course I said YES, Paul was shaking like a leaf, the four empty drink glasses consumed while I was swimming obviously had no effect. I think lots of people were watching but I didn't care, the next thing I knew is he was fiddling in his pocket and out came the most beautiful ring, it fitted perfectly, the tears flowed again. The rest fo the day we were both on cloud nine, when we got back to the room, we were amazed to see that the chamber maid had made a heart shape swan out of towels with red petals everywhere, wow love must be in the air.

Later that evening we went to town and had a delicious Mexican dinner, sombrero's, fajita's etc... A mexican band was playing right next to our table, wearing full mexican costumes, it was unforgettable. After dinner we went to a bar on the beach called The Blue parrot, very cool,
instead of having bar chairs they have swings hanging from the thatch roof. A perfect ending to a perfect day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

life insurance
life insurance Counter