Paul and Gilly

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beijing Olympics 08082008

I was fortunate enough to be in Beijing the day of the Opening Ceremony, I didn't manage to go to the ceremony, tickets were sold out months ago, but since all our jets were up in Beijing all the crew got together and watched the ceremony on a big screen tv at the hotel we were staying at.




This little guy was in the spirit although the overall atmosphere in Beijing was a little subdued as I guess the Chinese government has an image to uphold. I found the local people to be withholding their excitement. There were cops and military everywhere and famous sights like Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City were closed to the public that day.



The crew from Metrojet














South Africa walking out into the Olympic Stadium

I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

life insurance
life insurance Counter